Grammar and Teaching Course in 2021
Jan 29, 2021
12 Week Grammar and Teaching Course in 2021
Great news! The popular Grammar and Teaching course with Joanne Rossbridge and Kathy Rushton is running again in 2021. This year the course will be interactive through Zoom.
Grammar and Teaching has now been running for 20 years. Throughout this time many teachers have recognised the need to learn more about the grammatical features of texts. Familiarity with grammar is essential when using language for a range of purposes and supports students to develop reading and writing in all curriculum areas.
- Explore those features of grammar necessary for students to master by the end of the middle years of schooling
- Develop understandings of the grammatical concepts outlined in curriculum and syllabus documents and in the writing component of NAPLAN
- Define a pedagogy which includes the teaching of grammar in meaningful contexts relating to the subject matter of the curriculum
What you need to know:
- 2 hours per week across 12 weeks
- weekly readings
- three tasks including a reading discussion, text analysis and sequence of lessons
- interactive sessions with breakout rooms and a range of engaging tasks.
Tuesday 16 March - 22 June 4:00pm (AEDT)
Thursday 20 May - 26 August 5:30 - 7:30pm (AEDT)
Looking forward to Zooming with you for Grammar and Teaching!